UKRAA Controller - populated (board/ADUC832/components, without enclosure)
The UKRAA Controller is designed around an Analog Devices Inc. ADu832 micro-controller. It is intended to control observatory instruments and provide an autonomous logging facility so that several instruments can be observing at the same time without the need to keep the PC occupied or even switched on. The unit is very frugal, consuming approximately 50mA from a 9 to 15 V supply. It provides the following facilities:
- All I/O pins connected to headers for easy external connections.
- RS232 Communication with on-board MAX232 or equivalent.
- In-circuit programming via computer serial comms cable.
- 8 Channels of 12-Bit Analogue to Digital Converters.
- 2 Channels of 12-Bit Digital to Analogue Converters.
- 1MByte Data Ram.
- Real Time Clock/calendar.
- RS485/RS422 Communication (75176 IC's supplied).
- Inter-Integrated circuit (I2C) serial 2 wire + ground bus.
The unit is supplied with a manual and loaded with UKRAA firmware designed to interface to UKRAA's Starbase observatory management program which will run under Windows or Linux. The unit has been extensively tested and the firmware is continually being updated, so the package includes a Windows Firmware installer. There is a growing user base and support.