The UKRAA Dongle Saver is a passive pad that facilitates the connection of your Software Defined Radio (SDR) and associated cable connections between the computer and antenna.
It comprises :
- A rigid 150mm square pad with cork backing, cable fasteners and a velcro strip to attach to your dongle.
- A 15cm coax 'pigtail' cable with MCX male and BNC male connectors to attach your aerial or signal source to your SDR Dongle.
- A 3m USB extension cable with USB type A male and female connectors to attach you SDR Dongle to your computer.
The Dongle Saver :
- Allows you SDR Dongle to located remotely from your computer, reducing your Dongle's susceptibility to radio interference.
- Reduces the physical stresses to your SDR Dongle's USB and aerial sockets and connecting cables.
- Facilitates simple and quick disconnection of cabling.
- Helps to reduce tripping hazards and loose cables.